Today, the House passed the first House Joint Resolution to the Senate.
House Joint Resolution 1 will put a proposed amendment to the state constitution on the ballot during the 2022 general election. The amendment would clarify that the State Board of Education and its rules are subject to legislative oversight.
House Bill 2260 would remove the requirement that Health and Human Resource contracts with child-placing agencies be submitted to the Purchasing Division. Instead, the agency would develop requirements for performance-based contracts, which would be used for child placement.
Two bills were read a second time and two bills were read for the first time, including Senate Bill 11 which passed the Senate yesterday.
The House is adjourned until 11 am tomorrow, February 24, 2021.
- The Finance Committee will meet at 4 pm in the House Chamber.
- The Judiciary Committee will meet at 4 pm in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Agriculture and Natural resources will meet at 8 am in 215E.
- The Fire and EMS Committee will meet at 9 am in Room 215E.
- The Banking and Insurance Committee will meet at 9 am in the House Chamber.
- The Committee on Seniors, Children, and Family Issues will meet at 1 pm in Room 215E.
- The Workforce Committee will meet at 1 pm in the House Chamber.
- The Committee on Prevention and Treatment of Substance Abuse will meet at 2 pm in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security will meet at 3 pm in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Technology and Infrastructure will meet at 3 pm in the House Chamber.