Today, the House of Delegates passed two bills to the Senate.
House Bill 2094 relates to the restorative justice program. The bill allows for the program to include other offenses. The juvenile restorative justice program is a voluntary option for the victim and offender, where the victim is in control. They enter the program with the focus of repairing the harm through communication and mediation. The bill also states that the offender can only go through the program once.
House Bill 2184 creates a new crime and sets penalties for exposing government representatives to fentanyl or other harmful drugs or chemical agents. It states that if there is no injury, then the charge is a misdemeanor. However, if there is injury, the charge is a felony with a two-to-five-year prison sentence and a $2,000 fine.
- The Committee on Senior, Children, and Family Issues will meet at 1 pm in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Workforce Development will meet at 1 pm in the House Chamber.
- The Committee on Prevention and Treatment of Substance Abuse will meet at 2 pm in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Political Subdivisions will meet at 2 pm in the House Chamber.
- The Committee on Veterans’ Affairs and Homeland Security will meet at 3 pm in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Technology and Infrastructure will meet at 3 pm in the House Chamber.
- The Finance Committee will meet at 9 am in the House Chamber.
- The Judiciary Committee will meet at 9:30 am in Room 215E.
- The House Rules Committee will meet at 10:45 am in Room 410E.
- The Education Committee will meet at 1 pm in the House Chamber.
- The Health and Human Resources Committee will meet at 1 pm in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Government Organization will meet at 3 pm in Room 215E.
The House is adjourned until 11 am tomorrow, February 25, 2021.