Today, the House passed 12 bills and one resolution.
House Resolution 19 changes House rules relating to Remarks by Members. The resolution moves Remarks to be held on each Wednesday following the first day through the fifty-seventh day of the session.
Senate Bill 375 sets reasons for which an open enrollment application may be denied and the process for application denial. The bill also amends provisions about student transfer.
Senate Bill 514 establishes the Natural Resources Commission appointment criteria and qualifications and allows for reimbursement of expenses related to official duties.
The rules were suspended for Senate bill 693, allowing the bill to be read three times on the same day. The bill passed.
Senate Bill 693 updates certain terms used in WV Personal Income Tax Act.
The House recessed briefly before debating House Bill 2022.
House Bill 2022, the budget bill, makes appropriations of public money out of the Treasury to the legislative branch, the judicial branch, the executive branch, state departments, divisions, boards, and higher education institutions.
The House is adjourned until 11 am on Monday, April 5.
- The Judiciary Committee will meet immediately following the virtual public hearings in Room 410M.
- The Rules Committee will meet at 10:45 in Room 434M.
- The Education Committee will meet at 1 pm in Room 434M.
- The Committee on Government Organization will meet at 1 pm in Room 215E.
Virtual Public Hearings
- Judiciary Committee – 8 am on SB 565 – Relating generally to elections
- Judiciary Committee – 9 am on HCR 5 – To provide an Article 5 Convention in order to propose an amendment to the US Constitution where 3/5 of the States could overturn a federal law, HCR 19 – Applying to the Congress of the US to call a Convention of States, and SB 332 – Providing procedure for WV to select delegates to