During today’s House floor session, eleven resolutions were adopted, and eighteen bills passed.
House Bill 2538 requires the Bureau of Social Services to create a child welfare web-based communications system. The system would be used to connect foster parents with the bureau and the families they serve.
House Bill 3340 revises the WV Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Act. The bill authorizes the county commission to expand the TIF for up to 15 years due to the impact of the recession and COVID-19 for bonds issued before December 31, 2020.
House Bill 3547 increases the number of personal leave days that county board of education employees may use without regard to the cause for the absence from four to five.
House Bill 3548 provides for uniform procedures, agreement forms, and benefits to ensure a teacher’s exchange of his or her duty-free lunch or planning to perform duties at the school is a voluntary exchange. The bill prohibits direct, in-person contact by administrators to request, coerce, or order a teacher to exchange his or her recess to perform these duties.
The House is in recess until 6 p.m.
Committee Meetings, Today
- The Committee on Technology and Infrastructure will meet at 2:30 p.m. in Room 432.
- The Committee on Energy and Manufacturing will meet at 2 p.m. in Room 410.
- The Committee on Economic Development and Tourism will meet at 3 p.m. in Room 460.
- The Judiciary Committee will meet at 3 p.m. in Room 410.
- The Finance Committee will meet at 4 p.m. in Room 460.
- The Committee on Government Organization will meet at 5 p.m. in Room 215E.
The Judiciary Committee will hold a public hearing on Friday, Feb. 24 at 4 p.m. in the House Chamber on HB 3042 – Relating to forbidding excessive government limitations on the exercise of religion.
The Committee on Energy and Manufacturing will hold a public hearing on Monday, Feb. 27 at 9 a.m. in the House Chamber on HB 3446 – Clarifying the powers and duties of the Public Service Commission as to electric generating facilities.
The House reconvened this evening to receive Senate messages. The body concurred with the Senate to complete legislative action on Senate Bill 128.
Senate Bill 128 clarifies the authority of the Governor and Legislature to proclaim and declare a state of emergency and preparedness.
The House also finished its agenda with second and first reading. On second, House Bill 3247 was amended.
Committee Meetings, Tomorrow, Feb. 24
- The Judiciary Committee will meet at 9 a.m. in Room 410.
- The Finance Committee will meet at 9 a.m. in Room 460.
- The Rules Committee will meet at 10:45 a.m. behind the House Chamber.
The Committee on Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, Feb. 28 at 9 a.m. in the House Chamber on HB 3157 – Relating to clarifying the duties, functions, prohibitions and restrictions applicable to the West Virginia Fusion Center.