The House briefly convened this morning. During Senate messages, the House concurred to complete legislative action on House Bills 3013, 3114, 3444, and 3448.
House Bill 3013 authorizes the Jefferson County Commission to levy a special district excise tax for the benefit of the Hill Top House Hotel Economic Opportunity District. The bill also allows the Commission to create the district and levy the special district excise tax without the approval of the executive director of the development office. The Commission can determine the base district tax, the base tax revenue amount, the gross annual district tax revenue amount, and the estimated net annual district tax revenue amount. The Senate amended the bill to continue the University Town Centre Economic Opportunity Development District in Monongalia County through 2053.
House Bill 3114 requires the denial of severance pay to probationary employees of the Department of Transportation who are terminated for failing or refusing to submit to drug or alcohol screens.
House Bill 3444 adds the Cabinet Secretary of Economic Development or a designee to the West Virginia Semiquincentennial Commission.
House Bill 3448 allows the Administrative Director of the Supreme Court of Appeals to hire field training probation officers to provide uniform training to new and current probation officers.
The House passed three of the four bills up for passage. Senate Bill 613 was postponed another day.
Senate Bill 51 requires in instances where an impact statement is required, a county board of education to give the impact statement substantial weight when deciding on any proposal to close or consolidate a school. The bill requires a State Board of Education rule detailing information that a county board is required to include as part of its impact statement.
Senate Bill 267 requires prior authorization forms to be submitted to insurance agencies via an electronic portal.
Senate Bill 479 states that the Bureau for Medical Services is exempt from the requirements of the Purchasing Division for managed care contracts.
The House is in recess until 5 p.m.
Committee Meetings, Today
- The Committee on Technology and Infrastructure will meet at 2 p.m. in Room 432.
- The Committee on Economic Development and Tourism will meet at 2 p.m. in Room 460.
- The Committee on Energy and Manufacturing will meet at 2 p.m. in Room 410.
- The Finance Committee will meet at 3 p.m. in Room 460.
- The Judiciary Committee will meet at 3 p.m. in Room 410.
The House reconvened to take up the remainder of their agenda.
Committee meetings this evening
- The Finance Committee will meet at 6 p.m. in Room 460.
- The Judiciary Committee will meet at 6 p.m. in Room 410.
Committee Meetings, tomorrow, March 8
- The House Judiciary Committee will meet at 9 a.m. in 410M.
- The Rules Committee will meet at 10:45 a.m. behind the House Chamber.
The House is adjourned until 11 a.m. tomorrow, March 8.