Today is day six of the first session of the 86th Legislature. The House convened at 11 a.m.
House Bill 2526 was on first reading today. The committee substitute of House Bill 2526 provides for a gradual reduction in income tax rates. The bill also reduces the rate of tax on composite returns and the rate of withholding tax on nonresident income and the sale of real estate. The bill also reduces the rate of withholding on gambling winnings. If passed, the reduction would be retroactively applied to rates beginning January 1, 2023, with additional reductions on January 1, 2024 and January 1, 2025. The bill also requires all deposits of the surplus revenues into a personal income tax reserve fund.
Four bills were reported from committees.
House Bill 2506 establishes a national title clearinghouse for using the DMV title system.
House Bill 2017 requires the sheriff, instead of CPS personnel, to serve child abuse and neglect petitions without additional compensation.
House Bill 2029 requires the full involvement of law enforcement in the person-to-person presentation of an eviction notice.
House Bill 2018 ensures that managed care case coordinators are able to participate in multidisciplinary team meetings.
The House is adjourned until 11 a.m. tomorrow, January 17, 2023.
Committee Meetings, Today
- The Finance Committee will meet for budget hearings at 1 p.m. in 460.
- The Committee on Government Organization will meet at 1 p.m. in Room 215E.
- The Education Committee will meet at 2 p.m. in Room 434.
- The Judiciary Committee will meet at 3 p.m. in Room 410.
Committee Meetings, Tomorrow Jan. 16
- The Committee on Agriculture and Natural Resources will meet at 9 a.m. in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Banking and Insurance will meet at 9 a.m. in Room 410.
- The Committee on Pensions and Retirement will meet at 10 a.m. in Room 460.
- The Committee on Technology and Infrastructure will meet at 1 p.m. in Room 434.
- The Committee on Economic Development and Tourism will meet at 2 p.m. in Room 460.
- The Health and Human Resources Committee will meet at 3 p.m. in Room 215E.