Today in the House of Delegates, the House suspended the rules during Committee messages and read Senate Bill 161 and Senate Bill 162 for the first time.
Senate Bill 161 authorizes the director of DNR with the written approval of the Secretary of Commerce to sell, lease, or otherwise dispose of property under the director’s control
Senate Bill 162 authorizes the director of DNR to lease state-owned pore space underlying state forests, natural and scenic areas, management areas, and other lands for carbon sequestration. The bill prohibits the leasing of pore space under state parks. It establishes a competitive bidding process.
Four House bills were on first reading today as well.
House Bill 2017 requires the sheriff, instead of CPS personnel, to serve child abuse and neglect petitions without additional compensation.
House Bill 2018 ensures that managed care case coordinators are able to participate in multidisciplinary team meetings.
House Bill 2029 requires the full involvement of law enforcement in the person-to-person presentation of an eviction notice.
House Bill 2506 establishes a national title clearinghouse for using the DMV title system.
House Bill 2526 was on second reading. The bill advanced to third with the right to amend.
The House is adjourned until 11 a.m. tomorrow, January 18, 2023.
Committee Meetings, Today
- The Committee on Technology and Infrastructure will meet at 1 p.m. in Room 434.
- The Committee on Economic Development and Tourism will meet at 2 p.m. in Room 460.
- The Health and Human Resources Committee will meet at 3 p.m. in Room 215E.
Committee Meetings, Tomorrow Jan. 17
- The Committee on Volunteer Fire Departments and Emergency Medical Services will meet at 9 a.m. in Room 460.
- The Committee on Political Subdivisions will meet at 9:30 a.m. in Room 410.
- The Committee on Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security will meet at 10 a.m. in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Energy and Manufacturing will meet at 1 p.m. in Room 215E.
- The Committee on Education will meet at 2 p.m. in Room 434.
- The Committee on Government Organization will meet at 3 p.m. in Room 215E.